Cancer Sucks 🎗 But God 4/5/22

 I believe it was back in November on a Friday night. Sitting in my car at CVS, while my friend ran inside, aimlessly scrolling facebook while my youngest daughter chatted me up from the back. Just a typical Friday night. The phone rings and it's Liv's other mother(her bffs Mom.) I'm thinking the girls have planned a slumber party behind my back and answer. Some days I wish I'd been right.  No get together invite. No call just to check in. Rather a call to battle.  After Coming home from school with a limp to the next day a monstrous swelling of her leg, they had been given seemingly terrifying and tragic news. Their 7 nearly 8 yr old bawl of zoe/joy/spunk Isabella had been diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma. Bone Cancer.  I listen, we cry, I send her the elders numbers, and we pray one of the hardest prayers I've  ever prayed. 

The last 5 months we have journeyed this mountain alongside our dear friends as Bella endured a grueling chemotherapy regimen, as her sister Skylar endured recovering from Gall Bladder Surgery as well as fainting episodes to be later diagnosed as POTS. We've  watched and prayed as they have been separated due to hospital stays and CoVid diagnoses. We've been encouraged and inspired by their ability to rebuke reports/prognosis that were anything but Phil 4:8 and to keep pressing forward. I've cherished every moment of laughter, mischieviousness, and dorkness with both girls and their parents. I've ached to my core seeing a Mother's pain and concern as she bravely marches forward into battle with her family of warriors. I have loved and I have encouraged as have so many in our community and across the Globe. 

We have held on tightly to the word of God and we've seen Him working and moving since before we even knew it was a thing. You see. The girls are adopted. God saw fit to give them the right 2 parents for the job long before the battle began. Then there's the fact that the cancer was only in her leg. With this type, especially in children, if its in the leg it's present in the lung. There was even a scan that said there were spots in her lungs, however, on second glance that proved untrue. We've seen a little girl go from being wrecked by chemo to being full of energy with no nausea after a call to social media for prayer. We've heard angels singing during and found white feathers scattered about after prayer times for Bella. We've  seen faith activated in folks who chose charismatic warring over the comfort of their "pew." We've heard the new report that the cancer is dead, and we are believing Bella will not need the Rotationplasty scheduled on the 12th even tho the doctors say otherwise. 

Some may think me foolish, to them I say BUT God.  

He is the Waymaker and the Miracle Worker and we believe we receive when we pray(Mark 11:24.) At sunset (Luke 4:40) We called upon the elders of the church, anointed her, and the prayer of faith has healed her(James 5:14)It was finished on the cross.  By His stripes Bella is healed(Isaiah 53:5.) In the Hebrew calendar the Month of April is known as Nisan, nes meaning miracle, it's the Month of Miracles, and I'm trusting that in His dunamis power, For His Glory alone, God is going to deliver on April 12th and remove this cup of suffering from the Campbells. 

“So now wrap your heart tightly around the hope that lives within us, knowing that God always keeps His promises!” ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:23‬ ‭TPT‬‬

#bellastrong #fightlikeakid #TheGodofMiracles #blogger4Jesus #womenevolve #wedorecover

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wherever you go, I will go

To everything there is a season

Trying to make sense is plain senseless