Can't Script This...4/12/2022

 Bella made it through her surgery today. She did fantastic. She still has both of her legs, only one looks a little different after rotation plasty. Please continue to pray for her and the Campbell family as they walk through this season. We know that if God, brought us to it He will bring us through it. His ways are not our ways. He is still Good. We are still His precious children. We know He loves us. 

Which is key on days like today. Bella's journey was only the first wave of today's storm, and I'm not talking about the Spring Forecast. 

Heading back to work from lunch, I stopped for my 50 cent West End Soda just a few blocks from the church, passing by a family/childhood friend/best friends brother/Dad to 3 of my fave kids from Youth as I do. Only today first responders are on scene. I say a prayer and head to the office. Before I can make the call my best pal messages me. Her brother is gone. I let her know I'll be right back, phone the childrens and youth Pastors as well as Pey, then lose it in the office floor, at the feet of our Jesus. 

I get my senses about me, show the construction  crew to the fridge and head out to do what we are all called to do,  be His hands and feet. By His Grace and strength alone have we made it through this day.  There were some really really tough moments and there are sure to be more, but there was plenty of love and goodness to go around as well. As my youngest daughter and a few of her friends performed "Thank you for being a friend," during tonights 2nd and 3rd Grade Spring Show, crouching in the aisle trying to get the best video of my little star, I felt the sweetest embrace from a complete stranger.  A young maybe 18 month old filipino boy had toddled over and began hugging me from behind. Throughout the last verse, chorus, and bridge this sweet child of God laid on my back patting me while repeating, "oh, so sweet," in his little baby voice.  Thank you for being a friend little man. Thank you for being Jesus to a broken vessel. 

After the show, we headed to check on our friends, as Bella's Mom checked in with me.  Even with her babygirl still in surgery, my sweet friend Angela was a friend to me as we shared the darkest parts of both of our days, being the light for each other when it's too hard to be that for ourselves. 

Pulling up to my best pals, I couldn't help but tip my hat to the Master, yet again, as all of the kids were outside enjoying some basketball in the driveway. 

We had a great night playing knockout. What a beautiful site to see these kids walk alongside each other when they don't even understand the why's themselves which we all discussed. Kids just need to be heard. They need to know it's okay to feel all the things they are feeling, moreso, that they can tell us. They need to be reassured that God is still good and He is still with them and for them. They need to see that it's okay to laugh, joke, and enjoy the silver linings in the face of adversity. They need a space to say the hard things and ask the hard questions. 

I didn't see today coming, but God did. He is not surprised by any of this. He gives us just what we need when we need it.  I never saw that little boy coming in for the hug of a lifetime or a Walls' kid telling me I'm good at 🏀, but I sure knew I'd see Jesus. 

Continued prayers for the Campbells and for the family of Seth Kinworthy. 
“I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.”

-‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:20-25 #bellaboosjourney🎗#campbellstrong #basketballandJesus 🏀#blogger4Jesus #KingdomLiving #womenevolve 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wherever you go, I will go

To everything there is a season

Trying to make sense is plain senseless