Staying ✝️-Eyed

What a week it has been.  A wicked rollercoaster 🎢 of tragedy and triumph. There were moments of terrible grief, utter sadness, and dark despair. Moments of failed expectations, doubt, disbelief, and horrific truths. It was easy to get distracted. My focus turning from this situation to that circumstance until it all became to heavy to bear. That’s when I found myself back at the feet of Jesus, doing all I could to stay ✝️ - Eyed. Focusing solely on who God is no matter what everything around me looked like. 

It’s easy to focus on all the chaos and confusion rather than the solution, but He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John14:6,) and until I looked to Him to point the way through I was completely overcome and coming undone. BUT GOD

“He reached down from Heaven and rescued me out of DEEP waters(2 Sam 22:17.”) 

John 10:10 tells us that the devil comes to kill, steal, and destroy robbing me of the abundant life I have in Christ Jesus, and man was he succeeding.  In those darkest moments, when I felt no joy. When I couldn’t sense peace. It would have been so easy to look for those things in worldly fashions.  It wasn’t up to my kids to bring me those things. Not my job’s  nor my boyfriend’s. I couldn’t find it in shopping or other selfish desires. You see, all those things are found in Christ alone, and the best part is He is Emmanuel, Christ within me. So no matter what spiraling pinball machine my life was in during those moments, all I had to do was turn my eyes on Jesus. It was then that I remembered that His peace that passes all understanding was all ready within me. His goodness, His love, His Joy, His faithfulness, all the good and perfect things from above were right there all along. 

I may not fully understand why bad things happen to good people. I may not like the circumstances surrounding me, but as my shirt exclaims, “thankful.”I am truly thankful, period, and I am learning to be content with my life and with the process, however big a rollercoaster 🎢 it may be. God is bigger than my highs and lows, and just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego I know that “If I am thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom I serve is able to save me. But even if He doesn’t, I will make it clear that I will never serve other gods, including my ownself.”- Daniel‬ ‭3:17-18‬ ‭NLT‬‬/Jess Moss paraphrase 

I will be thankful. I will stay ✝️ eyed.

#bloggers4Jesus #GodisGood #AlltheTime #womenevolve #wedorecover #GodsgotThis 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wherever you go, I will go

To everything there is a season

Trying to make sense is plain senseless