The Greatest of All Time

 It’s Teacher Appreciation Week so it’s only fitting, as I put paper to pen, that I appreciate a couple of my own. Throughout my high school career and even into my first college course, W131, I was blessed to have Mr. Brantley Blythe for Lit and Language Arts.  He challenged me as a reader and inspired me as a writer. He also possessed a spectacular vinyl collection often challenging us to a game of  “Name that tune.” I can still feel the familiar catch of a KitKat bar as it’s difficult to stump this human jukebox. The inscription in my Senior Yearbook reads, “From one great writer to another. Keep writing. - Mr. Blythe.” 

So here I am, writing still. As influential as Mr Blythe may have been in my life, the Greatest Teacher ever there was and will always be is Jesus Christ. 

When he sat on a mountainside near Capernaum, He taught us the Beatitudes. “God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth. God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied. God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God. God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.”- ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:3-12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

He taught us how to pray. “Jesus said, “This is how you should pray: “Father, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. Give us each day the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation.” Luke‬ ‭11:2-4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

He taught us the essential basics. “Jesus replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37-39 NLT‬‬

He taught us humility and servanthood. “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”Mark‬ ‭10:45‬ ‭NLT‬‬

He taught us surrender to our Father’s will over our own desire with His dying sacrifice on the cross. “Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” Luke‬ ‭22:42‬ ‭NLT‬‬

He taught us that there are no limits when He’s involved. “Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.” Luke‬ ‭10:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬ / “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!” John‬ ‭14:12-14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Most importantly, He lived what He taught. He loved His Father enough to be obedient to the point of death. He who never sinned. What an example for us His disciples. His students. 

There’s 5star educations and then there’s Kingdom. 

Thank. You. Jesus. The Greatest Teacher of them All. How blessed and grateful am I to be your lifelong student. Continue to mold and refine me through your word and by your example. For your Glory and Kingdom for ever and ever. Amen. 

#bloggers4Jesus #faveteachers #followJesus #teacherofalleternity #womenevolve #revolution





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wherever you go, I will go

To everything there is a season

Trying to make sense is plain senseless