Walk it Out and Don’t forget to Smile

 This past Friday the electric bill arrived.  Hesitant to see the “damage” due, I barely opened it, tearing open only the corner nearest amount Due, bravely peeking in. If you remember right, I just closed my side business in obedience to the Lord.  Just the Day before, Master checked me. When speaking of the closure of HSC, I had frequently said, “I don’t like it, but I’m doing it.” He checked me through the provision of His Word in James 1:2, “Consider it all Joy, dear brothers and sisters, when you encounter various trials.” OUCH!  I definitely wasn’t being joyful in my obedience. And why wouldn’t I be joyful to do something I knew God said to do?!!! Like stupid.   It’s God!!!! So ya know everything is gonna be all right, even when it’s rough He’s there, and the outcome is better than good, it’s God!!! With a repentant heart, I laid down this grievance with obedience and thanked Him for this refining moment.  It wasn’t enough to just do it, but rather to do it joyfully, knowing that the testing of my faith produces perseverance, an attribute I will most definitely need in this season of relying on Jireh to meet my budget, trusting that endurance will see me through to the point I need nothing (James 1:3-4.)  So here I am the next day reluctantly opening the Duke Bill.  Seeing as how we’ve been home now more than ever with the increasing fuel prices, as well as running the window ac unit pretty consistently, I was a little worried to see the inevitable increase or so thought my teeny human brain. $57!!!!!   It went down.  Not only did it go down it’s a third of our typical bill this time of year. As everyone else around me is paying extra for energy costs, my bill went down!!!  Glory to God!!!! 

It reminds me of the same Makarios, supernatural Favor, the Israelites found in 1 Samuel 7, when their repentance and obedience led to the destruction of the Philistine Army, keeping them subdued throughout Samuel’s lifetime, restoring territory as well as life to the Israelites.  

Even if next month’s bill increases. I promise to stay faithful.  I don’t know what’s on the other-side of this season, but I trust Him and I’m leaning in to His plan and understanding, and I’m counting it all Joy. With God ALL things are possible. I’m not just listening, but also doing. 

“Stay on the path that the LORD your God has commanded you to follow. THEN you will live long and prosperous lives in the land you are about to occupy.” Deuteronomy 5:33


#trustfall #blogger4jesus #walkitout #justdoit #womenevolve #revolution #wedorecover 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wherever you go, I will go

To everything there is a season

Trying to make sense is plain senseless